paper, pen and calculator

Tax Rates & MPAC Assessments

Property Assessments

Your property taxes are calculated using the most recent Notice of Assessment from the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC). Visit MPAC for more information on understanding your property assessment.

If you disagree with your assessment, you may appeal it in one of two ways: 

i) Request for Reconsideration (RfR):Visit the Forms & Payment Options page to access the RfR form.

ii) Appeal to the Assessment Review Board: The forms are available on-line at MPAC, or by contacting the Township office. Information for filing a Request for Reconsideration or appeal to the Assessment Review Board can be found on your Notice of Assessment, MPAC’s website, or by contacting MPAC by at 1-866-296-MPAC (6722).

To assist you in filing either an RfR or an appeal to the Assessment Review Board you should compare your assessment to at least six other similar properties. You may gather this information at MPAC’s About My Property portal.

Frequently Asked Questions