Charitable Lottery Licensing
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) is responsible for administering the charitable lottery licensing program in the province. Municipalities and the AGCO are responsible for issuing lottery licences to eligible charitable and religious organizations. Eligible charitable and religious organizations may raise funds through provincially or municipally licensed lottery events.
Eligible charitable or religious organizations that choose to conduct a lottery utilizing in-person sales may apply for a lottery licence through the Municipality. A trust account for lottery proceeds and expenditures is required.
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) is responsible for administering all electronic lotteries in the province. If you intend to use electronic systems (email, social media) for your raffle, you must obtain a licence from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, not the Municipality. More information on electronic raffles can be found here on the AGCO website.
A municipal clerk and/or their delegate is authorized to perform civil marriages in Ontario.
Special Occasion Certificates
The Township of North Dundas offers birthday and anniversary greetings to those who have reached significant milestones. The Township offers certificates for birthdays of 75 years or more and anniversaries of 50 years or more. Please contact the township office by telephone at 613-774-2105 well in advance of the special occasion to request a certificate.
Certificates are also available from:
- United Counties of SD&G – birthdays over 90, anniversaries over 50 – E-mail the Clerk at the United Counties of SD&G
- Prime Minister of Canada – birthdays over 65, anniversaries over 25 (birth certificate/wedding certificate required)
- Premier of Ontario – birthdays over 80, anniversaries over 40
- Lieutenant Governor of Ontario – birthdays over 90, anniversaries over 50
- Governor General of Canada – birthdays 90, 95, 100+, anniversaries over 50 (birth certificate/wedding certificate required)
- Her Majesty The Queen – birthdays 100, 105+, anniversaries 60, 65, 70, 75+ (birth certificate/wedding certificate required)