roadside farm number blade

Civic Numbers & Entranceways

Civic Numbers

To obtain a civic number, residents must submit an application along with a $75.00 fee to the Township of North Dundas. Once the application and the fee are received a civic number will be issued. 

Emily 911 Farm Entrance Program

Accidents can happen in the most remote locations, making it difficult for first responders to easily locate the situation.  The Emily 911 Farm Entrance Program was initiated in Southern Ontario following a tragic accident.  Apply today to get your sign installed at entrances to farm fields. 


Entranceway Permits

Entranceways on Municipal Roads

Entranceways are described as driveways, lanes, private roads, or other constructed means of access to the township road, which includes tiling, covering or filling in the roadside ditch to improve a lawn or other frontage.

A permit is required to ensure that maximum safety is maintained, the flow of traffic is not inhibited, that municipal by-laws are followed and to reduce possible interference with the road or create road maintenance problems. Please refer to Entranceway Bylaw 2024-04

The Township must receive a completed application form and the fee of $100.00 dollars before a permit can be issued. Once an entranceway has been installed, contact Todd Helmer, Patrol Supervisor at for a final inspection. 

Entranceway & Civic Numbering Application

Entranceways on County Roads

Entranceway permits on a County Road can be obtained from:

The United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry
20 Pitt Street
Cornwall, ON K6J 3P2
Tel. (613) 932-4302
Fax (613) 936-2913