The Township of North Dundas wishes to remind all users of the Chesterville and Winchester Municipal Water System that in order to maintain an adequate supply of water, it is necessary to regulate the use of water for various property maintenance activities as follows:
- For even-numbered municipal addresses, outside use of water is permitted on even-numbered calendar days.
- For odd-numbered municipal addresses, outside use of water is permitted on odd-numbered calendar days.
- Outside use of water is permitted between the hours of 5:00 - 9:00am and 7:00 - 11:00pm on your designated days, between the first day of May and the last day of September.
- Upon the installation of a significant amount of new grass and/or sod or landscaping on a property, the outside use of water shall be permitted on said property for the newly installed grass and/or sod each day, during any part of the day, for a period of one week from the initial date of installation.
To help conserve water:
- Use a rain barrel to collect rain water for your garden
- Place mulch and bark around the base of trees and shrubs
- Sweep driveways and patios instead of spray washing them
- Repair leaky faucets and always turn off your taps tightly so they don’t drip
Bylaw 2018-55 Water Supply and Conservation